Wednesday, January 23, 2019

 We have been able to shift some of our honey, including with some return customers, and have one customer who wants to buy beeswax from us as well.
I also have enough 2nd grade honey that I can start some mead.  We used to make it from supermarket honey in El Salvador, and are looking forward to giving it a red-hot-go from our own honey.  The 2nd grade honey came from our top-bar hive which has too much uncapped nectar mixed with the good honey to sell but is perfect for mead.   It's a very strongly flavoured honey, so should provide an interesting brew.
I have a Llangstroth hive alongside the top-bar so should get some nice strong honey to sell from it when I rob the hive next.
The top-bar hive.

My first attempt at blackcurrant wine is ready to bottle.  Woo hoo!  We have enough currants frozen to allow another batch, or two, if this lot is ok.  Cheaper than buying plonk at the bottle-o.
We have so many blackberries on our block, I think I'll make a 25 litre batch of blackberry wine when the berries are ripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment