Monday, January 28, 2019

Tuesday 29.1  0915
We were door knocked by Police yesterday afternoon and evacuated.  Our neighbour stayed to monitor the situation while we went to a friend's place on the other side of the river.
I'm back at our place now and am relieved to see that we got through last night with no dramas.
However, the situation today is still rough.  Temperatures are higher than yesterday, low humidity, and the wind is due to pick up this afternoon.  The fire is about 4 km away from us.
Before we left last night I fired up the fire pump and watered around the house site, under the verandah and the bale walls.   It felt seriously strange to be playing a fire hose on bales that I've spent 2 years keeping dry.
I'm about to go down to the house site to see if there's anything I can do to better prepare it.

No comments:

Post a Comment